Erika, Amy, Kori, Tawna and Darlene
I'm feeling grateful for a lot of people tonight, plus I'm running out of days in the month but not people so this is going to be a bit of a mix up but I hope you'll stay with me.
1. Erika our real estate agent. This may sound funny but I've been thinking a lot about her. Last year at this time we were figuring out financing, closing dates, packing up our old house and stressing about moving a mile up the road. It was wonderfully awful. Erika was amazing and I was so grateful to be able to count on her and she was so kind and steady and took care of everything she could so that I didn't have anything extra to stress over. She is an honest and good person and it was simply a pleasure to make her acquaintance as well as work with her. Although I must add that I hope our paths don't cross again for professional reasons ever again.
2. Amy is one of the first people we met when we moved here. She allowed my husband to stay in her house for ten days since he had to start work but we couldn't close on our house yet. She helped me figure out some landscaping and gardening for my new house even though I am her daughter's age and she didn't necessarily need to make time for me. In fact I invited her to my birthday party that year because I truly considered her my friend and wanted her to be there and as awesome as she is, she came. She has always been so kind and complimentary and also an inspiration. She is generous and honest. She teaches the Sunday school class I attend every week and I love it because she teaches true doctrine in an interesting way and always encourages us to apply what we study in the scriptures to real life. She comes and visits me regularly and supports me. I'm grateful for her wonderful example and friendship and thoughtfulness and consider her a blessing in my life.
3. Kori and I met about five or six years ago when she moved here and I went and welcomed her family to our area. Soon afterwards I invited her family over for dinner and then later she was one of the first ones in the year or two we had lived here who reciprocated the invitation. It began a wonderful tradition and years later we still get our families together for dinner almost every month. I love Kori's honesty and her laugh. We can be real with each other and I love that I can totally be myself around her. Even when things could have potentially gotten very strange between us and she could have pulled away or ended our friendship, she chose not to let that happen and I'm so grateful because I love her. I love talking with her and sharing our parenting challenges and playing games and talking about books and eating good food together. She is a great friend and I only wish we got to spend more time together.
4. Tawna was a friend I made right after I got married we were living in Provo in married student housing. I really looked up to her and wanted to be her friend but wasn't sure how to go about it but that is when we started babysitting for people we knew with kids. Tawna was the first one we offered our services to and I still remember that night watching her two little kids because the eight-month-old girl cried a lot and it was so sweet to watch Josh walk up and down that tiny apartment hallway with her for hours. Tawna had also gone through some infertility challenges and this was right at the beginning of mine so she was a wonderful support to me. She understood how I was feeling and was really there for me. We had fun playing piano duets together and spent a lot of time eating dinner together and talking. She was a bright light in my life because she was so funny and happy and she always made me smile. I know we'd be super close if we lived next door to each other. The sad reality is that she lives across the country from me and I haven't seen her in almost ten years and could easily never see her again. I'll still always be grateful for her friendship those two years though and how she filled my life with happiness.
5. Darlene and I worked together at BYU after I had graduated but Josh was still in school. She helped hire me and trained me and we become wonderful friends. She is fun to talk with and I loved to make her laugh. We had a great Harry Potter party to celebrate her birthday one year and then she turned around and decorated my cubicle space with all things Disney, which was fantastic. We would throw paper clips at each other or over the wall to our friend, Ben to help alleviate some of the stress of our martinet boss. I always admired how even though she was single and is seven years older than I am, she kept putting herself out there. She attended every lame singles event there was and went on any blind date she got set up on and she didn't like it, but she did everything she could to meet the right guy. It was so joyful when she did about three years ago and she got married and adopted a son and is living her dream now. She is such a great example of persistence and faith and making your dreams happen. She has such a good heart and I'm so grateful for that experience of working at BYU together and her example of how well she dealt with life when it wasn't exactly what she wanted. I just smile every time I think of her and appreciate her friendship.
1. Erika our real estate agent. This may sound funny but I've been thinking a lot about her. Last year at this time we were figuring out financing, closing dates, packing up our old house and stressing about moving a mile up the road. It was wonderfully awful. Erika was amazing and I was so grateful to be able to count on her and she was so kind and steady and took care of everything she could so that I didn't have anything extra to stress over. She is an honest and good person and it was simply a pleasure to make her acquaintance as well as work with her. Although I must add that I hope our paths don't cross again for professional reasons ever again.
2. Amy is one of the first people we met when we moved here. She allowed my husband to stay in her house for ten days since he had to start work but we couldn't close on our house yet. She helped me figure out some landscaping and gardening for my new house even though I am her daughter's age and she didn't necessarily need to make time for me. In fact I invited her to my birthday party that year because I truly considered her my friend and wanted her to be there and as awesome as she is, she came. She has always been so kind and complimentary and also an inspiration. She is generous and honest. She teaches the Sunday school class I attend every week and I love it because she teaches true doctrine in an interesting way and always encourages us to apply what we study in the scriptures to real life. She comes and visits me regularly and supports me. I'm grateful for her wonderful example and friendship and thoughtfulness and consider her a blessing in my life.
3. Kori and I met about five or six years ago when she moved here and I went and welcomed her family to our area. Soon afterwards I invited her family over for dinner and then later she was one of the first ones in the year or two we had lived here who reciprocated the invitation. It began a wonderful tradition and years later we still get our families together for dinner almost every month. I love Kori's honesty and her laugh. We can be real with each other and I love that I can totally be myself around her. Even when things could have potentially gotten very strange between us and she could have pulled away or ended our friendship, she chose not to let that happen and I'm so grateful because I love her. I love talking with her and sharing our parenting challenges and playing games and talking about books and eating good food together. She is a great friend and I only wish we got to spend more time together.
4. Tawna was a friend I made right after I got married we were living in Provo in married student housing. I really looked up to her and wanted to be her friend but wasn't sure how to go about it but that is when we started babysitting for people we knew with kids. Tawna was the first one we offered our services to and I still remember that night watching her two little kids because the eight-month-old girl cried a lot and it was so sweet to watch Josh walk up and down that tiny apartment hallway with her for hours. Tawna had also gone through some infertility challenges and this was right at the beginning of mine so she was a wonderful support to me. She understood how I was feeling and was really there for me. We had fun playing piano duets together and spent a lot of time eating dinner together and talking. She was a bright light in my life because she was so funny and happy and she always made me smile. I know we'd be super close if we lived next door to each other. The sad reality is that she lives across the country from me and I haven't seen her in almost ten years and could easily never see her again. I'll still always be grateful for her friendship those two years though and how she filled my life with happiness.
5. Darlene and I worked together at BYU after I had graduated but Josh was still in school. She helped hire me and trained me and we become wonderful friends. She is fun to talk with and I loved to make her laugh. We had a great Harry Potter party to celebrate her birthday one year and then she turned around and decorated my cubicle space with all things Disney, which was fantastic. We would throw paper clips at each other or over the wall to our friend, Ben to help alleviate some of the stress of our martinet boss. I always admired how even though she was single and is seven years older than I am, she kept putting herself out there. She attended every lame singles event there was and went on any blind date she got set up on and she didn't like it, but she did everything she could to meet the right guy. It was so joyful when she did about three years ago and she got married and adopted a son and is living her dream now. She is such a great example of persistence and faith and making your dreams happen. She has such a good heart and I'm so grateful for that experience of working at BYU together and her example of how well she dealt with life when it wasn't exactly what she wanted. I just smile every time I think of her and appreciate her friendship.
I can't believe I made it into the blog! Thanks for the kind words :)
ReplyDelete