Dubrovnik, Croatia
Day three of our cruise found us back in Croatia, this time in Dubrovnik. Apparently they filmed a lot of Game of Thrones there so it is known for that but I've never watched that show so I didn't really know anything about it. It was a cool place though and we had another great day.
We got off the ship (which we never had any problem doing quickly) and then took an Uber into old town. Lily was in charge again and she had planned to walk the city walls. So we went up a billion stairs and walked all around the town, which was beautiful. The city is right up against the coast and most of it was built between the 12th and 15th centuries so it is really old and very cool. It took us about two hours to walk all the way around because we kept stopping to enjoy the views and look around, plus it was a lot of stairs and it was hot so we took breaks, but we all loved it.
Then we went down into the town and got a local snack called a burek that we enjoyed. Josh also randomly got a brownie of all things. We got gelato (pineapple for me, pistachio for Lily and chocolate for Curtis) and then went through a hole in the wall to do cliff jumping. Lily and I sat on these big rocks and watched as Josh and Curtis jumped in. It was a popular spot so lots of people. I might have gone if I could have changed easily. It is much easier for boys to just switch their shorts and jump in. Lily and I enjoyed watching though and after a few jumps we went back to exploring the town. Croatia had water fountains everywhere so that was nice because it was a very hot day.
We walked out of the city and across the way a bit to a tower and climbed a million more stairs to get up there but the views were stunning of both the Adriatic but also of the town we had just walked around. Josh and Curtis decided to jump back in and swim around where the tower was a bit and Lily and I enjoyed hanging out with such a great view. It was so peaceful and beautiful. Then we had to get an Uber back to the ship and we were kind of cutting it close when the Uber driver got a little tiffy that Josh's swimsuit was still a bit damp. He almost didn't let us in the car but thankfully Josh offered to sit on his dry shorts and then the guy agreed to take us. Back on the ship we went to the main dining room for dinner and then the kids hung out in the room watching a movie while Josh and I went to see Blazin' Boots, which was a country-song show that neither of us liked at all. I was hopeful it would be good but the dancing was quite suggestive and oh yeah, I don't even like country music. Then we went to listen to Vamos a Gazar, Josh's favorite band on the ship and that was fun. The kids were asleep when we got back to our room. It was another great day.


























Comments
Post a Comment