Corfu, Greece




 This was my day to plan and I had decided I wanted a relaxing beach day. I did very little research other than to pick the best beach so we got off the ship, got an uber and he took us across the island about 25 minutes to what he told us was the best part of the island, Paleokastritsa. It was a pretty beach surrounded by cliffs and a bit crowded but we had fun swimming and Curtis jumped off some of the cliffs while I was treading water nearby and it was a lovely day. We just swam, sat on the beach and relaxed and then Josh and Curtis went for a walk up the cliff but Lily and I stayed in the water. It was nice and cool and lots of fish to see and I just love being in the water. especially when it is so clear and blue. We got out to dry off and walked around the little shops for a few minutes but then we just took an Uber back to the ship and that was our day.





It would have been nice to try a Greek treat or something local but there wasn't really anything by the beach and I didn't want to go into the town at all and use up our beach time. So, I have been to Greece but can't say I had a very Greek experience. Our drivers were both super nice and it was a lovely day. We got back on the ship and had dinner and went to see the magician again. Nice, easy, relaxing day. 

(The Greek flag was flying but none of my pictures caught it out to the side)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and the beat goes on

Life

Oh what fun!