Blah blah blah
I am losing steam here. I used to love writing on my blog because it was how I practiced. I thought that if I ever was going to be a journalist again, I should write stories and so I started this blog. Then during covid I turned it more into a journal because that was how I was connecting with people, especially since I came to dislike Facebook so much and no longer use it as a way of telling people what is going on in my life. I so enjoy reading my friends' blogs but no longer really feel like writing on mine anymore. Maybe because it just feels like there is nothing to write, but here goes.
General Conference was wonderful, I've been to a lot of baseball games and practices (some in the rain), I canned applesauce, Nutcracker rehearsals have started and Lily was disappointed in how her audition went and the roles that she received as a result, Emma has been extremely moody, Josh has been gone for a long time, I hate getting up early every morning, no cavities at the dentist, went to the temple, had the missionaries over for dinner, Brandon fell and scraped his knee at recess and the substitute nurse called to tell me so, I said too much in Relief Society and wish I hadn't shared as much as I did, we drove 1.5 hours to get Emma her first pointe shoes and luckily got Cafe Rio which made the drive less annoying, I am feeling stressed about the fall fest and hoping it will be amazing, went to book club to discuss Dracula, had some rough piano lessons but also some good ones, prepared for choir to start on Sunday, can't wait to have our passport appointments done and taken care of, looked at tickets to Costa Rica and decided we might have to rethink our spring break, Curtis ran in a cross country meet and desperately needs a hair cut, I can't believe the war in Ukraine is still going and now there is one in Israel, Lily keeps over scheduling herself but gives me nice hugs when I get stressed, I made jello today to go with dinner since Josh doesn't like it and the kids were so happy, almost locked my keys in the car last night at Curtis's game but thankfully the car is smarter than I am, my shoulder has been hurting for weeks and is just starting to finally feel better, I made copies at school today for the teachers, Brandon has been so sweet lately by thanking me for all the little things, I've been feeling very left out with the baseball parents because I don't drink--I didn't even feel this ostracized in high school and it has been so weird to me, and lastly my neighbors had this very gross tent thing they put over the sidewalk with body parts hanging in it and a pig head and they moved it today for some reason to their walkway and for that I am glad; I'm always so relieved when Halloween is over, although we haven't made it to the pumpkin farm yet, which is my favorite family fall activity.
I love reading your blog! I totally get the feeling of being left out because I don't drink and have experienced it many times over the years. I wish other people would realize that just because I don't drink doesn't mean that I am not a fun person. I love that we are friends. Thanks for being there for me. You are an amazing listener and are so intune with the feelings of others. I love the way you serve and show love to those around you. I love serving with you and discussing books with you and knowing that you are my friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you are feeling ostracized, to me it sounds like they are the odd ones (I haven't noticed parents on any of my kids teams drinking). And, I enjoy reading your blog, but I understand the blahs! I hope you feel better soon. I miss you!
ReplyDelete