Swimming and friends

Tuesday Brandon went to swim lessons and we stayed and swam for awhile. Alexis was with us since her mom is out of town and she and Emma had the best day together. I invited Mike to come for dinner so we had a nice dinner all together and it was good to visit with him.
Wednesday we were at the pool all day long. Three other ward families are doing swim lessons with us and so then I invited Leisa to come and then I found out playgroup was coming so then Michelle came. I think there were ten families from the ward there and it was so fun. The kids were happy for so long with so many friends to play with and mine even saw a few friends from school. We stayed until 5 then came home, showered, Josh brought home pizza and then the kids went to their church activities.
Thursday was another swim day and Brandon ended up staying with a friend for a few hours. I went home because we were watching some kids for a friend but Emma did most of the work and I was really proud of her for being so responsible. Then Carrie came! I haven't seen her in years even though she only lives two hours away. Her life is very stressful and she has a weird schedule and it has been challenging. She came with her four kids and it was a bit crazy but so fun to see her. She was my favorite roommate at BYU and we have so many wonderful shared experiences. It was wonderful to just sit and talk with her all day and our kids all played well together. Friday we went back to the pool and swam all afternoon then she had dinner with us and packed up and left afterwards to head home. She has a tough life and so much stress and I tried to give her a bit of a break from all of that and I hope it helped her. I love her so much and she is just so fun and I love to laugh with her. She is so social and brave and silly and consistently pulled me out of my comfort zone in college. One of the first days I knew her she convinced me to make cookies with her then we walked around to all the houses where the boys in our ward lived and introduced ourselves and gave them cookies; something I never would have done on my own in a million years! Anyway, it was great to see her and catch up.
Saturday morning we hosted a brunch and invited the family that picked Lily up from FSY for us (at 7am!) and the sister missionaries came. It was delicious and fun and by the time everyone left (except Bella stayed and played all afternoon) we were all exhausted. We had someone over for dinner every night this week and then hosted a bruch; definitely the most social we've been in awhile. It was great to have Lily home and she had such a wonderful experience. We laid around most of the day and she told us stories and we just relaxed. It was so lovely. The boys went to another Blue Crabs game in the evening with Brandon's team and he got a ball! He was so excited. The girls and I watched Ella Enchanted and then when Emma went to bed Lily and I talked for awhile. She's such a good girl and I love her so much. Then I finished my book for book club and it was pretty good.
Church was lovely today and we had a very quiet afternoon/evening. Josh's family is trying to plan a trip for next summer and it is so stressful. No one in his family likes to make a decision and they have very different needs from us and they don't want to go to the beach so we're trying to find a place in Tennessee but his brother wants it to be cheap but his dad wants a pool but his mom just wants us all to hang out but we don't want to be bored out of our minds or waste a whole week of vacation just sitting around. If we ever agree and book a house, it is going to be a miracle. I should just stay out of it but when we're talking about time and money, those are our two most precious commodities that we never have enough of so they must be spent well. We're down to two weeks of summer left and I can feel the stress of school and early mornings looming.







Comments
Post a Comment