Happy 7th Birthday!
Another week. Kids had a full day of school Thursday and I taught a bunch of piano lessons. Friday was another delay and as soon as the kids left Josh and I went up to Men's Warehouse to exchange the suit I got him for Christmas. It was a fun outing and we had lunch at the Silver Diner and made it back just in time to pick Curtis and our neighbor up from the bus stop.
Saturday morning Curtis had an early basketball game that went okay. They haven't practiced since before Christmas so they were rusty and then the fire alarm got accidentally pulled during the last minute of the game so it was a bit chaotic. They lost for the first time but I think it is mostly just from not having played in weeks. Then we came home and had breakfast and then Josh took Brandon to his practice and the rest of the day we spent putting away Christmas. It was sad to take down the tree because it still looked so beautiful. It was really the perfect tree and it made me happy all season long. Josh took down the lights (not to be unappreciated after last year's drama to get the lights down) and we got everything put away. Then as an early birthday celebration we went to Fiesta Pollo so Brandon could get horchata, his favorite drink. I was really proud of our kids for each trying something new and it was a fun night out. Then we let Brandon pick a movie to watch so we watched the Paw Patrol movie, which was better than I had anticipated.
Sunday church was really nice and I spent the rest of the afternoon writing in my journal and reading my patriarchal blessing. It was a very restful day and I'm grateful for the Sabbath day. Monday my sweet boy turned 7. Josh got up early and went and got a balloon and doughnuts for him for breakfast and we sang and danced to our silly birthday song for him. During his lunch time I signed him out and we ate out in the car; well, he ate. His lunch is at 10:30 so I brought him a birthday smoothie and he was so happy. Then I came home and made his cake and wrapped his presents and did laundry. Then I prepped his birthday dinner and taught piano lessons. I invited the Wiests to stay and eat with us after piano lessons and they were so excited to celebrate Brandon with us. We had a great dinner and then he opened his presents, which were some books, some fort building stuff and then a new swim suit. I told him that suit would come in handy for when we go to Great Wolf Lodge next week! He doesn't really know what that is but the other kids were super excited and I know he'll love it once we get there. My goal is a trip for everyone's birthday this year and I am excited. Right now I'm hoping the weather holds and we can make it.
Brandon is such a sweet kid and I love him so much. I'm grateful for his easy-going nature and happy temperament. He has always been such a joy and was my most easy baby and he's such a fun little buddy. It helps that he really loves me too and is always telling me how much he loves me and giving me hugs and saying how I'm the best mom. He likes to be a helper and he is doing well in school and piano lessons. He loves to play basketball and is actually pretty good at it and he worked hard during baseball season and made great improvement. He loves to read and play games and is just a fun, easy kid to be around. His teacher has told me many times how good of a boy he is and how she just loves him, which of course makes me happy. I'm so grateful to be his mom.
Comments
Post a Comment