Week 7-Part 1

Maybe this is super boring for the five of you reading my blog to read, but writing is helping me process right now, so I hope you'll be forgiving.

Monday was the best day of the week. Laundry day! Woot, woot! Sad that I get so excited for it but it is like the one thing from my regular routine that hasn't changed. This week I had all the kids strip their beds, we washed all their sheets and then they mostly made them all again. I love it. I honestly only wash their sheets maybe once a month because it is such a pain with all of their stuffed animals and the bunk beds and I always find at least 10 books in their beds too. But with them home, they get to do it, so we've been doing it every other week. Small joys! Then I mowed the lawn. I used to do it as a teenager and actually kind of like doing it and hey, it was one more productive thing for me to accomplish so that felt great. I have mostly been mowing our lawn for the last year anyway since Josh has bad allergies and just isn't home much. Brandon had the little bubble lawn mower and was out there with me for awhile and we would high five whenever we passed each other. He's a cutie. I taught a piano lesson, we had a great family night and it was just a good day.

The rest of the week, not so much. Tuesday I taught two piano lessons and then my girls started dance back up. They are having classes on zoom but at their regular times, which means Tuesday nights are busy again, just without having to drive the few miles down the road four times. Emma and Lily have overlapping classes and I was super stressed about getting them set up and comfortable and having it all ready to go on two computers in two different rooms right at 6pm. Josh was going to get Nicolletti's since they were having a special but the line was out of control so he showed up at home, later than I wanted him to, with no food. I was so frustrated and stressed and barely spoke to him the rest of the night. I know it wasn't his fault but then I had to come up with something to feed the girls immediately because they only had a few minutes before their classes started. Like I wasn't stressed enough! Then I had to run to Target to pick up a prescription and wouldn't you know it I got there five minutes after the pharmacy closed. I was so annoyed because that meant having to go back, with my kids, the next day because I was about to run out. So frustrating! It was not the best night. But the girls did really enjoy dance and seeing their teachers. No news yet on how the performance is going to work out but we get to pick up costumes starting next week through some complicated distribution schedule. I also checked into our Relief Society zoom meeting for a few minutes while I was eating my dinner in between dance and my Target run and it was nice to hear sweet testimonies and fun stories and just see people's faces.

Wednesday we went on a little adventure and went and got lunch from the school that is closest to us, stopped by Target (I just left all my kids in the car and ran in to get my medicine but man, I hate how stressful it is to go to the store), then we went over to Lily's friend's house down the street from us to leave her a birthday chalk message. She loves gum so I had gotten her a bunch at Target and we made balloons and put a gum packs in each chalk balloon. She saw us out the window and she and Lily talked for a minute, then we came home and had our school lunch on our patio. I talked to my sister on the phone while they kids played outside and then I made a fabulous dinner, Lily and Josh had their activities while the other kids took showers/baths, then bed. Josh was on the phone until almost 10pm so I just watched TV alone again, which was relaxing. I have been watching New Amsterdam, which he kind of lost interest in so I had gotten really behind and now am almost caught up. I really, really miss alone time. I love being with Josh so much and would almost always choose to be with him over being alone, but since I get no break lately, that down time of just not having to talk or listen or do what anyone else wants me to do for even just an hour is really nice.

Today has just kind of been a dumb day. It has been super rainy and dark all day, which meant no outside play time or exercise. Although, I did send Emma out there to play in puddles for awhile and then she took a long bath so that was nice. She was really struggling and I find it exhausting to emotionally handle all of her needs. She wanted so desperately to play with Brandon but he and Curtis have been having so much fun playing in a fort they built on their bunk beds and with Legos. I know she has felt left out and she loves being in control of the games she and Brandon play and all day she was following me around complaining and crying and it took a lot of patience to not just get in the car and drive away. My big accomplishment for the day (I suppose besides being a good mother, which took a lot of effort) was teaching a piano lesson and getting Lily set up for dance and making a grocery list. I read a lot too. I keep telling myself I should have a project. I have so much time to get things accomplished but sometimes I just don't have any desire to do anything, or I think of something but have no device available because the kids are using them all, or it involves things I don't have and would be stressful to get. I hate feeling like I am wasting time that I know I'll never have again because of this very strange opportunity/crisis but it can be really hard to be motivated day after day after same exact day. Hence, laundry day is so exciting. What should I be doing right now? Writing a book? Family history? Painting my hallway and basement stairway? Just being there for the kids? Figuring out the next phase of my life when hopefully all my kids will be at school? Does that mean a job or more piano lessons or do I have a passion to accomplish anything else?

Right now I just can't believe that April is over and in a few hours it will be May and we are right where we were on March 13 when the world shut down. There isn't a temple trip to Philadelphia this weekend, Emma's dance recital isn't happening the next Saturday, we have no soccer games to go to, probably no Memorial day picnic, my poor nephew is in total limbo with his mission call to Paris in July and my other nephew is sitting in an apartment in Texas going out of his mind with boredom. Gah!  And that concludes the downhill portion of our roller coaster week.


Comments

  1. I like reading everything you write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could hug you! And that we could all go out somewhere... kidless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh what fun!

Party Time!

Hello October