I'm feeling very Olympic today!

 February (the shortest month of all--I learned a song in 4th grade about February and can still sing it!) started with our stake conference Sunday meeting and it was so good. I was disappointed we didn't get to hear Josh give his talk but Lily spoke and gave such a sweet talk about service and loving others. I also loved Michelle's talk about moving forward from mistakes and Elizabeth's and President Boyd's talk about taking care of the poor and the connection to fasting. The music was also super beautiful and moving and it was just a great meeting. Josh had to stay after for a presidency meeting so we went home for a relaxed Sunday afternoon and he barely got home in time for dinner. 

The week was busy with taking Curtis to and from drivers Ed (so glad to be done now!), play practice, basketball, dance, and some substituting. I went to Inklings and the gym and we made valentines at our valiant girls activity. I also made three lasagnas for WARMs Thursday night. Thankfully Meredith was looking to help out one night so she made the bread, salad and she brought dessert. It was just supposed to be me and Brandon but then Josh decided not to go up to campus so he picked up Emma at dance and the four of us helped serve and eat with the people there. It is so awkward for my kids (who are not great at being social with strangers) but I think it is so important to serve our community and for us to recognize how blessed we are to have a home and food to eat every night. 

Last Friday we were so excited to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and we've been watching it every night. We love the Olympics and it has been so fun. I like the stories of hard work and grit and determination and I enjoy most of the sports, though snowboard cross is probably my favorite. There have been some crazy falls and lots of disappointment for athletes but that's all part of the story; it isn't always Olympic gold. 

This past week Josh has been sick so that's been a bummer. He is still pretty congested but has a bit more energy. Brandon had three nights of play practice and Curtis had a long band rehearsal one night and the girls have been dancing away. Lily starts rehearsals for the show this weekend and Emma starts next week so then they will be gone all Saturday mornings too. 

Monday morning I went to the funeral for the Parshley's son. It was sad but I am glad I went. I hosted Inklings Tuesday and we discussed Elder Rasband's talk about the family proclamation and I was nervous but I think it went pretty well. Some people are just always quiet and don't share anything but thankfully others chimed in. We started off by singing The Family is of God and it sure helped me feel all the good feels. I'm grateful for my family and it is hard to raise kids but there is nothing more wonderful or worth my time and best effort. 

I picked Brandon up from play practice last night and he was so sweet--on the drive home he thanked me for helping him run his lines the night before because he had been ready for practice. He said he felt good about the play coming up in a few weeks because I had helped him. It was so unprompted and heartfelt and just warmed my heart. I had a good chat with Curtis yesterday too and then Emma and I really got laughing when she got home from school and it was a good mom day. 

Today I helped out for Brandon's valentine's day breakfast, my last one, then I went to the dentist and hung out with Josh for our valentine's day date. I wish he were feeling better but it is still nice to spend time together. Tomorrow it will be 28 years since we first kissed and said I love you to each other and I'm so thankful for where we are in life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh what fun!

Party Time!

Hello October