I love the beach!













 July 4th fireworks were fun and that whole week was good. Tuesday we went to Newtowne Neck for a bit but then Lily had dance every afternoon. It cramps my style a little bit but it is good for her to keep up with it. As it turned out, a storm came through right at the time we had to leave so that made it easier. Wednesday I went to the gym and taught some piano lessons and took Emma to the dentist. Thursday Curtis went to the orthodontist and then the Valles were so nice and took him to Sky Zone for the day and they didn't even bring him home until 8:30. It makes me happy for Curtis to have a friend and I hope he and Noah can hang out more. Friday was our packing day and Curtis went to his last all-star baseball practice. He was bummed to miss the state tournament games but they ended up being rained out on Saturday and were on Sunday so he would have missed them either way. They lost both games so no Little League World Series for us. 

Saturday we left for North Carolina and had a pretty rainy drive. It cleared up after a few hours and it was nice once we got to the beach. We were the second family to arrive so we got settled and went down to walk on the beach before dinner with everyone. All of my family (four sisters plus spouses and kids and my parents) gathered for a week in NC at a really nice beach house. We were only missing my niece and nephew who are on missions right now. It was a great week and honestly it was so hard to come home. The weather was great and we had so much good beach time. We had a family activity every day but the rest of the time we were on our own. Most of the time we were at the beach together but our family was definitely down there the most. We spent all day every day on the beach except one morning we did go shopping in the little town and got doughnuts and fudge and beach t-shirts. 

 


 



There were great waves and the water was so warm and there were always a bunch of people out in the water to swim with, which was fun. My kids loved all their cousin time and didn't want to come home either. Curtis learned seven new games and won most of them. Sunday we had a nice family church, Monday I led a Jeopardy game, Tuesday was our corn hole tournament, Wednesday was skit night, Thursday was Bunco and Friday was a volleyball tournament. We played lots of games and watched Top Gun and talked a lot. The house was amazing and all the dinners were so good and I think everyone enjoyed being together. I love my family! 

  

I also really love the beach and was so happy there. I felt all my stress and worries disappear and I was just so happy. It made me feel slightly discontent with my life and I look forward to when Josh can retire and we can just spend our days by the ocean. There are so many things in my life I just don't want to face and it was wonderful to escape and ignore it all for a week. We did family pictures one night too but I haven't figured out how to download those yet so I'll post those later. They turned out really well though. 


 


  


 


 


 

Comments

  1. Sounds like such a fun week! And, Lily's jump in that first picture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh what fun!

Party Time!

Hello October