Lots of baseball


 Another week. I've had lots of feelings this week and I usually save those for my journal but it has been a week of ups and downs. Monday my parents left and I got to go on a field trip with my favorite first grader. It was his first ever field trip and he was excited. We went to Elms Environmental center (my favorite field trip) and had a great time. It was fun to get to know his classmates and I love his teacher. It was a beautiful day and the kids didn't have to wear masks outside and I'm glad I got to go be with him. Then I hurried home to teach piano lessons and do dinner and family night. 


Tuesday I did laundry and read. It was book club night and I was only 35 pages in so I read for a few hours in between laundry and ironing and kitchen clean up and it was nice. Then I took Brandon to baseball and read there too but was 60 pages short of finishing the book. I got home and made dinner, ate a quick dinner, finished the last load of laundry and helped the kids with some stuff then went to book club. It was a fun discussion and a nice evening.

Wednesday I took Curtis to get his cast off. For all the driving I did, it took all of 20 minutes to get it off, get an x-ray and be told that he was completely healed and all was well. It was a great relief to be done with the cast and I hope to never go back to that office again. I took him back to school and Josh called to see if I wanted to go to lunch. It was only 11 so we went to Linda's Cafe and got breakfast. It was wonderful to see him in the middle of the day and have that time together because our evenings have been hectic. Then it was pick up Curtis from his bus stop, take Lily to dance, then Brandon and Curtis and I went to his baseball game while Josh took care of dance and got Lily to the church. It was so fun to see Curtis play in his first game and I may have teared up a bit. His first at-bat he had a great hit and later in the game he made an awesome play at third base. I've been trying to figure out what it is exactly that makes us so happy as parents to see our kids do well at something and I've decided that for me part of it is just seeing their hard work (and a lot of my time sitting at practices) pay off. It was a fun evening and then we picked up the girls at church (Josh has started tithing settlement already) and got everyone home, fed and showered and in bed. 

 

Thursday I was feeling really sluggish and unmotivated to do much of anything but I did make myself go to the grocery store and clean out my fridge and organize my pantry. Then it was dance and baseball again. Brandon only has three more practices and then I'll get my Tuesdays and Thursdays back, which will be nice. Although I really don't like it when it is dark at 5pm. 

Friday I went to the gym and on the way there I was feeling pretty down but the endorphins kicked in after a great work out and I did feel better on my way home. I organized all of the boys' clothes and got out their pants and sweatshirts and put away the shorts and t-shirts. It is finally cooling off and the leaves are starting to change. Then it was dance and dinner and then we went to the church building to clean, took Emma to dance, played basketball at the church, picked Emma up and then got the kids to bed, except Lily who was babysitting. It is tough to relax when not all your kids are home and in bed but we did make some popcorn and start a movie, but we paused it when she came home and we didn't finish it until she was in bed. We watched Free Guy and it was fun. I really love Josh. He's been having a tough time and it weighs on us both. He is such a good husband, father and he works so hard for us and to serve in his calling. I'm so grateful for him and just keep praying he'll get the help he needs. 

Today was another beautiful fall day and Brandon had a great game. He finally got another hit, two hits actually, and even scored a run. He took forever to actually swing the bat but everyone was cheering for him and he eventually whacked it. I really like his team and the coaches and the other parents. There are two Australian families and it is fun listening to them talk. I have enjoyed the whole experience and hope we can be on the same team in the spring. Then we came home to do some cleaning, we went to Target to all get flu shots and then more cleaning and Chick-Fil-A for an early dinner, some playing and some BYU football watching and we met our new neighbors who are super nice.  Now we are going to watch the first Harry Potter movie because I just finished reading Emma and Brandon all of the books last week. It was kind of sad to be done but we're excited now to watch the movies. 

Comments

  1. What a busy, but fun week you've had. I agree we had a great discussion at book club. You are an amazing woman and I am so glad you are my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh what fun!

Party Time!

Hello October