A Tribute to my Father
Happy Father's Day! I am very blessed in my life with a wonderful father and also an amazing husband who is father to my children. I am not much of a poet but have written a few and this is one I wrote as a birthday present back for my dad when I was 18. I thought it appropriate to share for Father's Day.
A Tribute to my Father
Being sent from above, I know it was trying
leaving Father in Heaven was a new kind of dying.
His promise was sure that love I would find
in a father on earth, gentle and kind.
I was sent to a home in which to prepare
for the calling I accepted with great hope and care.
The love that I found there made Heaven feel near
I was meant to be there, it was perfectly clear.
I was taught of my Savior and what He did for me
to pray and serve others--that's the way it should be.
I learned the only way back from whence I came
was to know Him and love Him, take upon me His name.
How could this be done when He was so far away?
I needed guidance, His blessings and love every day.
He gave me the scriptures and power of prayer
but He thought of another way to show me He cares.
He gave me a father who was much like Him
one who let me learn the light of Christ could never dim.
One to help me understand all He would have me know
one to teach me of my purpose, to love and let me grow.
Some day I know He will return and with Him I will be
His arms will be extended and my joy plain for all to see;
and once I have a moment to whisper in His ear
the first thing I shall thank Him for is my father dear.
Comments
Post a Comment