American Heirlooms
Emma was in four dances this year. Breakfast at Tiffany's was her pointe, Founding Fathers was her contemporary and was fun (the music was Hamilton), she was Cinderella for ballet and then her jazz was Wall Street and she did a great job with that one. She has grown a lot this year too and started pointe and did a great job. I love watching my girls dance and express themselves in this very special way. Some of the other dances I liked were the Sound of Music one, Harriet Tubman had good music and was cool, Ellie Cox was adorable in the Elvis dance, and Delaney did a great job in her circus one.
So we all went Saturday night and I helped usher too, which basically turned into me just chatting with Michelle since there were so many of us. So many friends from church were there and that was so nice; everyone was so kind to my girls and complimentary and it was sweet. Afterwards we went to Bruster's and it was just a great night. Sunday was Father's day but it was very low-key for us since Josh had to go to another ward to reorganize a bishopric and was gone all day. He got home just as I was pulling out to take the girls to their show. So we left Curtis to make him French toast and eggs and bacon. He is so amazing and I felt badly that his day got overshadowed but at least he got to hang out with his dad and that was nice. The second show was just as wonderful and I will spare you the rant of how annoyed I am that the show was on Father's day and on a Sunday but I hope this doesn't ever happen again.
Afterwards we came back and took a bunch of pictures and chatted and the big kids got ready to leave. They left early Monday morning with my in-laws to go to Colorado with them for the week. I wasn't thrilled with them going and really missed them but they had a great time. It was a relief to have dance be done for a few weeks but I always love show weekend and I'm super proud of my beautiful dancers.
























Comments
Post a Comment