Lion King Jr.
Our elementary school is the only one in the county that does a musical for fourth and fifth graders. Emma was very excited back in October to try out for Lion King Jr. We even called my brother-in-law who is a high school music teacher and has done lots of shows for tips and audition help. She ended being in Ensemble B, which she was kind of disappointed about, but it turned out great. She was in so many scenes and had such a good experience. In Circle of Life she was the only one in a bird costume and she had a little dance solo as she entered the stage. It has been a lot of after-school rehearsals but she loved every second of it and is already excited to find out what the show is next year. She is a natural performer and she loves to sing and dance. I had a parent text me and tell me that she wished they had 20 more kids like Emma in the show because she was always listening and on task as well as a joy to work with. That made me feel really good and I am proud of her for being such a good girl.

Dress rehearsal was Thursday and so Lily and I went and it was great. We could take pictures then, unlike during the other shows. It was also the county championship game, which when the show was over I face timed Josh and watched the last few minutes of it and we won! I was so proud of our team. All season our coach has been so calm and positive and it really paid off in a great team culture of positivity and hard work and success. I was so proud of the team and Curtis and we decided to go out to celebrate. It was fun to be all together and Emma and Curtis chatting about their successes. I love my family.
Friday night I went and helped feed the cast dinner and then Josh and Curtis went to the show while I picked up Lily from dance. Saturday Lily went to dance, Curtis went to stake youth activity and Emma was at school all day. Brandon and I went to the 1pm show with the Wiests and then I stayed and fed the kids lunch. Lily came and helped with make up and then she and I stayed for the first act of the second performance. We saw lots of friends and neighbors and it was really fun. The show was really good. I was very impressed with all of the singing and the costumes were amazing! It could have used some more choreography but I guess the lady that helped only had time to do one number. It was so well done and I'm so grateful Emma had a positive experience. A lot of adults worked hard and for a long time to give them this opportunity and I'm really grateful. We finally got home about 6pm and had dinner and Lily went babysitting while the rest of us watched Amazing Race.
















Comments
Post a Comment