Rest of Christmas break





 This past week was so wonderful. Monday we slept in and stayed in our pjs and watched a movie and I did laundry and read my book and Josh made pizza. I love having Josh home and this is such a special week to just be home and relaxed together. Tuesday they all went to play more basketball at the church while I went on a nice long walk. Later the boys played laser tag in the woods and Josh and I planned our anniversary trip and then we watched another Christmas movie.

Wednesday was a big day though. One of our main gifts to the kids was a DC adventure so we left around 12pm and went up to the National Mall. We walked around a bit and then went to the American History museum, which was pretty crowded. I love seeing the flag there and the first lady dresses and the On the Move exhibit in the basement. We went by the ruby slippers but that area was crazy busy so we didn't stick around. Then we went to Smash Burger for dinner and the boys went to the Wizards game while I took the girls to the Kennedy Center to see Wicked. It was so fun! They both loved the show and I hadn't seen it since 2005 so I enjoyed seeing it again. Emma was especially into it (no surprise) but Lily afterwards talked about how awesome it was and how she loved it. They both listened to the soundtrack on Thursday and have been singing the songs around the house. I love the Kennedy Center and it was a perfect evening. The boys had so much fun at the basketball game and it was perfect that Josh's parents got them sweatshirts to wear to the game too. The Wizards won and Brandon was especially mesmerized. I love doing fun things with my kids and am so grateful to create these memories and life experiences. 



 

 

 


Thursday was low-key since we had all gotten to bed late. Lily went to her friend's house and Josh and I ran some errands and I am pretty sure Curtis read in his room all day. We watched some Fixer to Fabulous and I made turkey pillows with all the leftover turkey that were so good. Friday we went to the temple and it was wonderful. Josh and I did a session while they kids just hung out ( I love that they are old enough!) and it was great to be in the temple with Josh. Then we walked around to see all of the lights and quickly through the visitor's center since the kids had already looked around there. It was special to all be on temple grounds together and the lights were so beautiful. We got Chick-Fil-A on the way home (peppermint milkshakes--woot, woot!) and I just have to say that my family is so fun right now. Even just eating dinner in the restaurant was fun and not work or exhausting like it used to be.  I am really loving all of our family time and that the kids are good travelers and low maintenance and up for adventure. This is a really sweet spot in life and I'm loving it! 


 

 

 

 


  

Today we haven't done much of anything except some serious cleaning and now we are watching football and eating and playing games, ready to ring in a new year! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh what fun!

Party Time!

Hello October