The week we went on a date!
It hasn't been a very interesting week. Monday after I got the kids off to school and spent all morning birthday planning, then I went for a bike ride and then I read for a couple of hours. My book was dark and heavy and I was glad to finish it. It felt indulgent just reading in the afternoon but it was wonderful and I look forward to more of it. In the afternoon I taught four piano lessons and then Curtis had his first soccer practice in two years. He hasn't been making healthy choices lately so I am really glad to have him get out there and exercise and socialize. We had a late dinner and family night and called it a good day.
Tuesday I did laundry, helped Brandon with school, and lots of other things before making dinner and taking the girls to dance. Wednesday I got everyone off to school and then I posted a bunch of stuff to facebook to sell and then I tried to log in to my body pump class but their internet wasn't working so I found a workout on youtube and did that. It was good, except it was interrupted a bunch by commercials but I was sore the next day so it was a good workout. Then I went to drop off some kid stuff to Olivia and she invited me to stay for a bit so we talked and it was nice. I got stuck in some major traffic on the way home (it was raining and I think there were some accidents on the road) so I was way late getting home but Lily had done a great job taking care of everyone until I got back. She is really an awesome girl. Curtis's soccer practice got cancelled but Lily still had church activities so Josh came home and got her and zoomed into his activity from church.
Thursday I did more school with Brandon and went for a bike ride and taught four more piano lessons and took Lily to dance, went to BJs and made some amazing pasta e fagioli soup. I had Josh pick up salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden on his way home and it was a super good dinner. Lily and Curtis and I have been watching Once Upon a Time together after we get the other two in bed and while Josh is busy with church meetings. They were so excited for the season finale and then really disappointed because it doesn't actually end or resolve the story at all so I guess we'll keep going.
Friday was a short school day (for everyone but Curtis) and it was such a beautiful day I was anxious to get out and do something but we just kind of hung out and played outside and I went for a short bike ride and cleaned up a bit and nothing too exciting. We did call and talk to my mother-in-law for her birthday and Jana called too and it was so fun to catch up with her. She and her girls are coming to visit this summer and it will be fun to see her. Lily had dance and afterwards we watched some Full House and had ice cream sundaes. Josh and I watched some of March Madness and caught up on some of the Tonight Show.
Saturday we had pancakes, cleaned up the car and garage, Josh gave Curtis a hair cut, he put up some shelves for the boys and fixed the 3D printer. Lily had a special rehersal so I dropped her off, went to Target, picked up my groceries at Walmart and then picked her back up after she was done. Josh made pizza (his second time now that he can stand and walk again) and then very last minute we decided to go see a movie. Lily's friend came over since she is legally old enough to babysit and we were off. We walked right in and were two of the four people in the theater. Kind of sad for a Saturday night but the movie was good. We saw The Courier and we both really liked it. It was our first movie in almost a year and a half at a theater and it was fun. We came right home and the girls had done a great job babysitting. Lily really did the work but she had fun doing it with her friend so I think it was a win-win. It was nice to get out and I am so happy about all of these baby steps we're taking back toward regular life.
Today has been an okay Sunday so far. We tuned into church and while it was nice to not have to get up quite as early, I really prefer being there in person. Josh came home and we did the sacrament and then we all tuned in for our different classes. Lily put phrases from primary songs into eggs and hid them all over for Emma and Brandon to find and when the found an egg, they had to name the primary song with that phrase in it. So clever and so sweet and such a wonderful way to engage her siblings on the sabbath day. I love her. She is going to be a way better mom than me. I was annoyed with Curtis for not practicing the piano well this week and not being ready for his lesson and gave him a stern talking to. He has been so lazy lately and it is frustrating. I have a headache and am feeling bleh and I'm going to blame the weather.
Tomorrow starts spring break.We don't have any definite fun plans yet, just dance and soccer practice still and a few piano lessons. I suggested we do something nice every day for someone else in an effort to turn our focus outward and give us purpose so we'll see how that goes. We do so much to celebrate Christmas and I wish Easter had the same feeling of being a season with music and better decorations (I have a hard time getting into bunnies and chicks) but we'll do our best to prepare for General Conference and Easter and make them both a meaningful experience for our family. I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and love him so much and am overwhelmed with gratitude that He loves me and has made it possible for me to be with my family forever, have hope and peace and joy, continually change and grow, live with purpose and understanding and be a part of His church, a blessing in of itself for many reasons. Happy Palm Sunday!
PS Tried to post a video of Lily doing a split--she finally got it this week--but it wouldn't work. I have never been able to do one and she just slides down into it. Amazing!
Same!!!! I wish we celebrated Easter more!!!
ReplyDelete