Best week of the year
I just love the beach. I love watching the waves and the birds, especially the pelicans when they dive in the water and the sandpipers as they run from the waves. I love swimming in the waves and sitting right where the water comes up on the sand and playing with the wet sand. I love watching my kids dive through the waves and boogie board. I enjoy taking walks with Josh along the beach. I love just closing my eyes and listening to the waves and smelling the salty sea air. I love the feel of the soft sand and the ocean breeze. It is so wonderful to be all together on the beach but everyone can do their own thing. I think it is the perfect family vacation.
Sunday morning we went to sacrament meeting at the Morehead City ward and they just happened to be getting a new bishopric so that was kind of fun to crash such a special Sunday. Then we went back and as we got ready for the beach some rain came through but then it was fine the rest of the day. The weather app said it was going to rain all day but that was the only rain. We all got a bit sunburned that day though because we didn't bring the canopy in case we needed to make a quick exit. We stayed at the beach until almost 7pm and then went back, everyone showered and Josh grilled us hamburgers. We had an outdoor shower and that is where I showered all week; I LOVE me an outdoor shower after a day at the beach.
Pretty much every day we slept in until about 9 or 9:30 and then made a nice breakfast. We had egg croissant sandwiches, pancakes, French toast and egg burritos and then pretty much just repeated that schedule again. Then we would sunscreen up and pack up food and drinks for the day and head to the beach. We stayed until 6 pm most days and sometimes until 7pm. The weather was great except Tuesday was really cloudy and rained a bit here and there but we would either just stay under the canopy or go in the water and it didn't matter if we were getting wet from the rain. It never stormed though so that was nice. Thursday and Friday were absolutely beautiful beach days though and the perfect sunny weather.
Let's see we also went shopping one morning that it was supposed to be rainy; I think that was Monday. We got some beach toys because somehow a lot of ours have disappeared and then some shirts and I got a hat because I forgot to bring any. Thursday morning we went to Beaufort and went to the new bookstore and the general store and got our fudge. The rest of the time we were at the beach and it was great.
Everyone got a long really well and was happy and there was great sibling bonding time. Emma and Brandon had fun sharing a room. The boys dug some big holes and would play baseball or catch and the girls went in the water a lot together and went for some walks. Lily and Brandon would swim together a lot and Emma read a lot and Curtis did a lot of boogie boarding and Josh did some paddle board surfing and we talked a lot. Curtis had fun flying his new kite. At night we would have dinner and then most nights we would play a game and then do scripture study, send Emma and Brandon to bed and then we would watch a show. One night after dinner we all watched Cars 3 and of course, every night we had ice cream or brownies and ice cream or ice cream cones.
It was a really wonderful week and I'm so grateful we were able to go and have that special family time together. We packed up Saturday morning and then went down to the beach to take a few pictures and say goodbye and then we were off. We had a pretty easy drive home except for some traffic coming over the MD bridge and made it in time to drop Lily, Emma and Curtis off at the movie theater to see the new Spiderman movie.






























Comments
Post a Comment