Our first high school grad!


 Last week was pretty crazy but good. Monday was memorial day and it was cloudy but didn't rain until the end so that was actually great. There weren't a ton of people there but I chatted with people and ate some and the kids had a great time so that's a win. Then the Wiests came over for piano lessons and Lily went to make her card box with Adi and Emma's friend came over for the afternoon. 

Tuesday I had hoped to make it to Inklings but I had so much to do. I also realized it would be the last day I had any alone time until September so I stayed home and got the house cleaned up and laundry finished and all sorts of lists made. Lily went to Evergreen for the graduation walk and Brandon's teacher took a picture of the two of them for me; so sweet. That night I went to Michelle's for a game night and it was fun. I haven't been out late in awhile and I did actually leave before the party was done but I've been so tired. I'm hoping my iron pills help perk me back up. But it was fun to have friend time and play games and laugh. 

Wednesday I went to the gym and then to the airport to pick up my parents. It is a four-hour process so I got back in time to teach some piano lesson. Luckily Lily could take the kids to meet up for the temple trip and we were home just after Brandon so it all worked out. Since the big kids were gone and I was so tired, we went to Panda Express (my dad's choice) for dinner. (not sure where Curtis was while this picture was being taken)

Thursday I went grocery shopping for all the food for us for the week plus all the graduation party food. It was so hard to know how many people were going to come and we overestimated but that's okay with me. We've been enjoying the leftovers all week. Anyway, it was a lot of shopping at a few different stores and then fitting it all in the fridge and making dinner for that night was all just a lot of work. My in-laws drove into town and came over for dinner too and while it is a little funny to have everyone here, it is so nice that everyone is showing up for Lily. 

Friday morning Mom, Josh and I went with Lily to graduation. It was crazy getting parked but we made it and then found the Ainas in line so we got great seats in the bleachers next to them. My in-laws met us there after dropping off their dog with my dad, who also got Brandon on the bus for me. He watched the live stream from home. The weather was absolutely perfect; we were so blessed to have such a beautiful day. The ceremony was actually great. I enjoyed the three-minute speeches, the military tribute and the efficient reading of the names of over 450 graduates. All that practicing paid off! I only teared up during the superintendent's talk when he said that the graduates see themselves as adults but the parents see them as the five-year-old kids they put on the bus their first day of kindergarten. I will never forget that day and Lily's enthusiasm when she got off the bus and what a relief it was to me that she enjoyed her first day of school so much. 

 

 

Anyway, it was all lovely and she walked across the stage so confidently and clanked the whole way (her medals were noisy and she was well decorated with her Suma cum lade sash, NHS bib thing and then her cords for Spanish Honors Society, Music, being career ready, GIS and I think one more I can't remember now) and that was that. Afterwards we took pictures with her friends and then sat in the car for awhile waiting to get out of the parking lot. We went to Bruster's to get ice cream for lunch and then it was go time. I made four pasta salads and cut up strawberries for a fruit salad I didn't end up making. I also went and picked up the 40 chairs that we rented and then we went to Nicolletti's for dinner. 


 


 

 


 


 

Saturday was a big day. We spent the morning setting up the canopies and chairs and tables and started some decorating. It was a little breezy but other than that, another perfect weather day. Then we all loaded up and went to Brandon's flag football game. It was the playoffs and they won the first game easily so he stayed with a friend to play in another game that afternoon while we hurried home to get things together. The Rays came over and we finished decorating and got the meat organized and the drinks and finished all of the salads and got the desserts ready to serve and we were ready right at 4pm when it was time to start the party. We said a prayer and got going and I think the party went well. Not as many people showed up as we had planned on but we had about 85 and there was plenty of food, despite the little kids who wasted so much of it. Lily had a great time and the surprise of the evening was when her middle school band teacher showed up. He is a cool guy and Lily really enjoyed him so it was super cool that he showed up, the only one of her teachers to do so of the five or six she invited. She had some friends from her food and nutrition class and dance friends and lots of wonderful people from the ward came to support her and Adi.


  

It was great throwing a party with Michelle; she did such an amazing job with all of the desserts and it took so much pressure off to share the financial burden and work. It was such a relief when it was over and cleaned up and I didn't have to worry or think about it anymore too. I hope Lily and Adi felt well celebrated; sure love those girls and we are so proud of them! 

Sunday we had a lovely day at church. Lily gave a wonderful talk and I just marveled at her poise and confidence and maturity. I feel good sending her off to BYU. Then we had an early dinner (leftovers Day 1) and then Josh and Brandon went to the stake Primary activity while I hosted the grandparents. We played games and I showed them videos of the kids and it was good. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh what fun!

Party Time!

Hello October