Week 18

I wonder if anyone is getting tired of reading about our pretty mundane lives. If so, I'm sorry and I understand because I am the one living it!

Monday I did my body pump class online and it felt good. I taught a piano lesson, did laundry, and lots of cleaning, as well as a grocery list. We had a fun family night where we talked about prayer and played Spot It for our game.

Tuesday we did some more cleaning to get ready for my parents to come. I seriously was working all day long. First in the house and then I headed outside to mow the lawn and weed and other such things. I was so tired that night but it felt good. I took Curtis to a soccer try out and got to sit and read for an hour and watch him play and it was fantastic. That night there was some concern about my parents coming so they decided to delay their trip a bit while they did some risk assessment. 

Wednesday we went to the park to play with the Ainas and Rays and then we spent all afternoon swimming at the Ainas. It was so fun to just sit and talk and the kids were pretty happy all day. My parents also called and told me they were going to come the next day so that made me happy. 

Thursday we tidied up and did grocery pick up and I was in the middle of teaching one of my kids a piano lesson when my parents showed up. It was really wonderful to see them. They were our last visitors back in Februrary but that feels like so long ago. They brought puzzles and games and immediately got my kids engaged in a puzzle with them and it was really sweet and wonderful. We grilled out that night and talked and it was wonderful to have people in the house and someone else for my kids to talk to and play with and love them. 

Friday we just hung out. My parents are definitely getting older and it has been hot for them and with the virus as well we've been taking it pretty easy. We have played lots of games and done lots of grocery shopping and baking and cooking. 

Saturday we stopped by a princess parade for a friend's birthday then we went to Gilbert Run park because I had thought the paddle boats were open on Saturdays but they weren't; Lily read the sign wrong last time we were there and they are closed indefinitely. But it is a pretty park and there was good shade for my parents, the water is nice, the kids love the zip line and it was good to get out of the house. Josh had never been there either and he loved it. I really am blessed to be able to take my kids to fun places. We got home and watched Star Wars Episode 8, which was more interesting than 7 but I would still like to know where Snopes came from. 

That night Josh and I went out on a date. It was fantastic! It was the first time we've been out of our house together in four months. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and I had the most amazing steak alfredo that I am still thinking about a week later. We walked around Aldi because everyone talks about it but I still don't get why it is so amazing. Then we went to get Cold Stone and it was so pleasant just to sit and talk and eat together. We went to Dicks to look for a beach canopy and had fun playing there for a bit and then we just drove around a bit because we weren't quite ready to go home. It was so wonderful and my parents loved the time with the kids (who were all super good) and we didn't have to pay a babysitter. It was just beautiful! 

Sunday was a nice church day. We had our church meetings, then our primary singing time, which was fun. with extra company, and then a nice sacrament meeting where we reviewed Elder Stevenson's talk from General Conference. We went for a family walk and played more games. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and the beat goes on

Life

Oh what fun!